It takes surprisingly little to start a workplace fire: just oxygen, combustible material and an ignition source. Use these tips to prevent them from starting:
- Dispose of waste in proper containers.
- Keep combustible materials like cardboard, paper, and wood away from heat and heat-producing equipment.
- Follow storage/safety precautions for flammable liquids, report leaks and clean up spills immediately.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets, circuits or motors; replace cords and wires with worn or broken insulation.
- Smoke only in designated areas, and then extinguish cigarettes and matches completely and dispose of them safely.
Winston Resources wants you to stay safe on the job. If you spot a fire hazard or safety concern while you're on assignment with our client, tell your staffing coordinator immediately.