Do you know the top three things your employees want from their jobs? (Besides more money.) One study shows the top three things workers want are:
That in mind, does your reward system need a check-up? Check your system against the points in this issue of The Winston Advisor.
- Interesting work
- Full appreciation for the work they do
- A feeling of being included
The Winston Resources Blog
Check out our recent posts:
Amount of Vacation Taken Depends on Employee Level
Tips for Managing Your To-Do List
How Much Can Employers Dictate Workers' Appearance?
We Tend to Judge Faces Instantly--Be Aware as You Interview
And be sure to check back frequently at http://winstonresources.com/blog/ as we will continue to
add great posts frequently.
Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook!
Does your reward system
need a check-up?
The Challenge: Making employee reward systems more rewarding
The 60 Second Solution:
In 1964, Victor Vroom (a researcher) discovered that employees are only motivated by rewards that they want and they have a shot at obtaining.
So take a look and compare your current system against the following criteria:
Source of information: Carrots.com
- Find out what employees really want. In other words, what do your people value?
- Develop flexible reward systems that provide a variety of attractive outcomes.
- Make a clear connection between the behavior you want and the reward.
- Ensure that employees are trained properly so that they have the ability to do their jobs successfully (give them a realistic shot at success).